The struggle when I started my freelance writing service business looked like this:
- I was fascinated with crafting words that accurately conveyed a message.
- I hadn’t extensively studied journalism or entertainment writing because those weren’t career paths I wanted to pursue.
- I knew that offering basic content writing services for businesses — filling up pages with words — would not pay high rates.
And I completely understood why filling up pages with words was not valued. Nothing is worse than paying for a service that doesn’t produce results.
When writers charge low fees for content writing that doesn’t persuade prospects to take action, two dangerous things happen:
- It’s difficult to support yourself through your writing services.
- Your clients don’t make new sales.
If a client thinks that the money they paid you was a waste because they didn’t make it back in sales, they’ll view you as interchangeable with any other writer — and there’s probably someone else who charges even less than you for a comparable lack of results.