Brian and I are heading out to the BlogWorld and New Media Expo this week, where we hope to meet plenty of Copyblogger readers.
As you might know, one of the smartest things you can do at a conference is to see if there’s someone you can learn from at the bar after the day’s main events. Buy them a drink and you just might get a little bit of free and frank advice about your project.
But since we know that trekking out to Las Vegas isn’t on everyone’s schedule, we thought we’d let you know about a way to “buy us a drink” and get some nitty-gritty advice about your own business, web site, or blog.
One of our up-and-coming guest writers (Dave Navarro) is putting on an online teleseminar this week featuring 12 online entrepreneurs who have built their own thriving businesses from the ground up.
Brian and I are two of the speakers. Others you may recognize as Copyblogger guest writers, and some may be fresh new faces for you to meet. Each one has valuable experience to share with you about how to get more customers.
Each call is set up like a consulting session. Dave asks the questions you would ask if you were paying each of these twelve experts for an hour of their time, one-on-one.
(Or if you were buying them a beer at a conference. I happen to be partial to Sam Adams. Just for the record.)
The calls are already recorded, so you won’t have to juggle your schedule to hear them, and Dave will be providing workbooks based on each session so you can get the most out of the calls.
The inside scoop: what you’ll hear on the calls
While the teleseminar is geared toward teaching you how to get more buyers into your business, you’ll also get a few choice personal insights about psychology, mindset, time management, and the other factors that go into keeping a business growing strong.
- What Pam Slim tapes to the wall above her bathtub to keep her business on track
- What Sonia Simone really thinks of Dan Kennedy (and what it means for your tribe)
- What Naomi Dunford does when she’s feeling scared
- Why Laura Roeder doesn’t care who unfollows her on Twitter
- What Brian Clark was thinking when he released Teaching Sells for the first time
- How Charlie Gilkey keeps himself from drowning in online distractions
- Chris Garretts’ take on being intimidated (straight from an English pub)
- How Christine O’Kelly handled homelessness and turned it all around
- Chris Guillebeau’s strategy for creating a hard-working army of fans
- How Mark Silver’s “woo-woo” approach works for non “woo-woo” selling
- Why Clay Collins gets worried when there aren’t any competitors circling
- What Michael Martine focuses on to keep his blog on page one of Google
How to listen in with Brian, Sonia and 10 others who’ve “been there”
The good news is that this teleseminar is a great package at a price that’s within virtually everyone’s reach.
The get-yourself-moving news is that at the end of the week (Friday, in fact) the price is going to double . . . then go up again a month later, to triple today’s price.
So if the roster of speakers above looks interesting to you, you should definitely give it a look sooner rather than later.
(As you’d probably imagine, that’s our affiliate link. In other words, Copyblogger makes a bit of cash if you buy after you click on it. So see? You really are buying us a beer.)
Whether or not you want to pick up the teleseminar, you should take a look at the sales page from a copywriting standpoint — Dave told me that it’s been converting for his personal list at 27%. So the tips he’s been picking up as a longtime Copyblogger reader look like they’re paying off.
About the Author: Sonia Simone is Senior Editor of Copyblogger and the founder of Remarkable Communication. She writes Copyblogger’s brand-new internet marketing newsletter, a free resource giving you the smartest tips, tricks and strategies for promoting a business online.