Want to hear something scary? No, not scary like Five Nights at Freddy’s. More like disturbing. Alarming. Even depressing.
I used to write articles about:
- How to protect yourself from necrotizing fasciitis
- How to escape from an airplane safety slide
- How to tell if you’ve been poisoned by sushi
- Whether runners could benefit from platelet-rich plasma surgery
- How much alcohol you should drink
- Why the rate of concussions is higher among women
Now, what makes this admission scary is that I’m not a surgeon. And I’m not a nurse practitioner, physical therapist, or chiropractor.
In fact, I’ve never had any medical training in my life — nor have I ever slid down an airplane safety slide!
Horrified yet? Well, just wait. Because medical advice was not the only thing I used to freely dispense as a web writer.