When talking about content marketing, discussions often focus on decisions about topics, headlines, platforms, and distribution.
But how much do you consider the data that supports these decisions?
I’m not talking about demographics, like age, gender, or location — although those matter, too. Rather, I’m talking about the answers behind qualitative questions:
- Who are your community’s influencers and why?
- Which events are your community members attending?
- What will be your first touchpoint with your community?
- Where is your community getting their information and news?
- Where is your community having meaningful conversations?
- How do you choose which headline will resonate best with your audience?
Gathering this type of intelligence will allow you to develop a stronger content strategy with better results and deeper relationships.
One of the best (and most efficient) ways to conduct this research is by listening to current and potential customers on the web and social media.