Can regularly publishing relevant, useful, entertaining and valuable information online actually build a business over time?
Or, is this whole content marketing thing just a massive waste of energy?
You can probably guess where we stand on these questions, but in this episode we lay it all out anyway. You, of course, can make your own decisions.
Also, Sonia gets another new executive title based on her expertise in email marketing.
In this episode Brian, Sonia and I discuss:
- What good content marketing actually does
- The one thing you must possess to sell anything at all
- What Proctor & Gamble and soap operas have to do with content marketing
- How to make selling WAY easier
- The cornerstone of content marketing that works
- Brian’s 85/15 rule of marketing and selling
- The indispensable power tool of email marketing
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 36.3 MB | 25:08
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
- Click here for the show transcript
The Show Notes:
- Internet Marketing for Smart People 20-Part Course (free)
- Content Marketing 101
- Content Marketing Sucks & Other Marketing Myths
- Cup of Joe: Content Marketing Is B#$*!t!
- Meet the Lazy Marketer’s Best Friend: The Email Autoresponder
- Will it Blend?
- The Force: Volkswagen Commercial
- Procter & Gamble History
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger Media’s Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.