Over the last 4 years, I’ve launched several companies from this simple blog of mine. The idea that building an audience with content and letting the revenue-generating ideas, products, and services reveal themselves based on what the audience actually wants has worked out amazingly well.
It’s become a full-fledged business model.
And yet, there’s a bigger picture. These last years I’ve been putting together pieces of a broader vision – things that work together as one, for our internal use and for you. Problem was, the only common element in each of these different companies was me, and often that made unity of purpose difficult.
So, this is an announcement of a coming together of my various companies, plus the addition of a valued outside venture. And right about now, you’re thinking…
I know, it’s hard to get excited about what’s essentially a press release of a merger. Hot stuff, right?
And yet, any great company exists not for its shareholders or employees, but for the people it serves.
And we’re aiming to be a great company.
So, let me first tell you who’s involved. And then I’ll tell you what we’ll be doing better for you.
Here are the principals of our new organization:
- Brian Clark – As CEO of Copyblogger Media, I’ll be working for the other four people on this list.
- Sonia Simone – At the beginning of 2009, Sonia was naive enough to leave her corporate job to become Senior Editor of Copyblogger, and later co-founded Third Tribe. She’s now Chief Marketing Officer of Copyblogger Media, and an owner. So far, so good.
- Tony Clark - Tony and I co-created Teaching Sells, and he’s the wizard behind the curtain inside Third Tribe. He’s also putting the finishing touches on a new WordPress product called Premise. His preferred title is “awesomeness.”
- Sean Jackson – Sean is the creator of Scribe (along with one of our code ninjas, Chris Thompson), which is now a core product of Copyblogger Media. He’s also our CFO, a great tech mind, and a shrewd Ms. Pacman player.
- Brian Gardner – Brian is the founder of StudioPress, creator of the Genesis Framework for WordPress, and a ton of turnkey designs that work with it. Brian and his team have earned over 30,000 customers to date, and their merger into Copyblogger Media completes the online content creation trinity of Genesis, Scribe, and Premise.
Having all these great people in one company allows us to do even bigger and better things. This means better products, prices, and support. It also means more and better free content, unique live events, and even new platforms.
We’ll be sharing more details in the months to come. But what about you?
What would you like from us?
Let’s start a conversation in the comments. Because without you, none of us would have a job we love.
About the Author: Brian Clark is founder of Copyblogger and CEO of Copyblogger Media. Get more from Brian on Twitter.