Brian and I have been talking about his new curation-based email newsletter lately, and I thought it’d be interesting to have a similar conversation with someone in a completely different topical market.
It’s about one person writing and curating a topic he knows and cares about, building a massive email audience over a period of four years, then turning all that work into a sustainable business.
In this 39-minute episode Peter Cooper and I discuss:
- How this programmer became a major content publisher
- Why he switched from blogging to email newsletters
- How he promoted his newsletters in the early days
- What he learned from one of the world’s best Tetris players
- Where the majority of Cooper Press’s revenue comes from
- The only social network that really works (for him)
- His approach to opt-in conversion optimization
- His best two pieces of advice for starting a curated email newsletter
Episode No. 29 on iTunes