The reign of image/display/brand advertising (particularly for small businesses) is fading fast.
You mute the ads during your favorite tv shows, or skip them entirely.
You block banners on websites, or even skip those sites altogether.
What’s a small business — or any size business — with tight budgets and tighter margins to do?
Can John Houseman save us?
There’s a relatively new way of attracting, engaging and converting customers online that’s deeply rooted in the independent, hard-working and profitable mom and pop stores of the past.
It takes work. But, it sure beats digging ditches. Or blowing revenue on an advertising ego-binge. And it can make you … highly profitable.
In this episode Sonia Simone and I discuss:
- Is content marketing really worth the effort?
- The 3 steps to earning loyal (and possibly rabid) customers
- The real effects of content marketing on the bottom line
- Why buying your customers is a difficult and dangerous game
- The simple business plan that’s made Copyblogger (and others) cook
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 40.8 MB | 33:55
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
Links from the Show:
- Is Content Marketing Worth the Effort?
- Content Marketing 101
- 49 Ways You Can Profit from Content Marketing
- How to Constantly Create Compelling Content
- The Content Crossroads: Supernatural Success at the Intersection of Ideas
- Ogilvy’s Guinness Guide to Oysters
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger Media’s Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.