Brian Clark is a habitual entrepreneur based in Boulder, Colorado. He’s the founder and CEO of Copyblogger Media, the company behind the Rainmaker Platform, StudioPress, Scribe, Synthesis, and the Authority training program and online marketing conference.
Brian began publishing online in 1998, and by 1999 he had his first entrepreneurial success — powered by what is now known as content marketing. He went on to launch two additional offline businesses using purely online marketing and infrastructure, attaining even greater success.
In January of 2006, Brian started a one-man blog called Copyblogger, which quickly evolved into an influential digital trade magazine for the online industry. Both the Guardian and Advertising Age have recognized Copyblogger as one of the most powerful and influential blogs in the world.
Without venture capital or advertising, the audience that followed Copyblogger became the catalyst for the multimillion dollar tools and training company he heads today. It’s this success that’s made Brian one of the recognized pioneers of the entire content marketing industry.
Over the years, people have said a lot of nice things about Brian:
- in 2014, Forbes named Brian one of the World’s Top 40 Social Marketing Talent and a Top 10 Online Marketing Expert.
- Also in 2014, Inc. Magazine said Brian was an expert marketer you should follow on social media.
- Brian was ranked #3 on a list of the 100 Most Influential Online Marketers of 2009.
- Brian was deemed the most influential blogger of 2007.
- BusinessWeek says entrepreneurs should follow Brian on Twitter.
- Dunn and Bradstreet says Brian is the most influential person to follow on Twitter for small businesses.
Brian has been featured in several books:
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
- Meatball Sundae by Seth Godin
- Epic Content Marketing by Joe Pulizzi
- The Lean Entrepreneur by Brant Cooper and Patrick Vlaskovits
- The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
- Trust Agents by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
- Brainfluence by Roger Dooley
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott
- Free Agent Nation by Daniel Pink
- The Education of Millionaires by Michael Ellsberg
- Problogger by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett
- e-Riches 2.0 by Scott Fox
- Gravitational Marketing by Jimmy Vee and Travis Miller
- Career Renegade by Jonathan Fields
- The Referral Engine by John Jantsch
- Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by Michael Hyatt
- Repped: 30 Days To a Better Online Reputation by Andy Beal