A lot of website owners are taking a “ready, fire, aim” approach to search engine optimization.
They optimize their content like crazy — putting keywords in their post text, titles and subtitles, and anywhere else they think Google might look.
Here’s the trouble, though — if you don’t do your research before you begin your optimization efforts, you might as well be shooting arrows into the wind. Because all the optimization in the world won’t help you if you have no clear idea of what terms you really want to rank for in the search engines.
Website owners need to slow down, take a deep breath, and research their best keyword options before they dig into search engine optimization efforts.
But since keyword research isn’t sexy, it often gets overlooked or pushed to the end of the priority list. It’s often an afterthought.
Searching for good advice on keyword research
Finding clear, understandable advice on keyword research is surprisingly difficult. Information on this kind of research needs to be Goldilocks-perfect (not too much that you get overwhelmed, and not so little that it’s not helpful in the everyday world of content marketing).
We know you need just the right amount of information, taught in ways you can actually use. And we’d really like to give you that — for free.
Keyword research is more than just SEO
At the deepest level, keyword optimization is more than just a system for helping you improve your search rankings. It’s about knowing your audience so well that you know exactly what words will grab their interest and make them pay attention — which words will make them notice you, because it feels like you’re able to read their minds.
When you make it a priority to find out what language your prospects are using to search for information on your topic, it will also help you shape your content strategy. Wouldn’t it be great to know exactly what questions your prospects have, before you sit down to write your next piece of content?
We’d love to show how to make that happen for your site. Our free ebook, Keyword Research: A Real-World Guide, will teach you:
- Why great copywriting depends on keyword research
- How to research whether a niche will be profitable or not
- How to find content topics that score big using keyword research
- Researching related websites to market your posts
- How keyword research can help you make money
This ebook is just one in our comprehensive library for online marketers, available instantly when you register for MyCopyblogger.
When you register (at no charge) you’ll get instant access to nearly 100,000 words of proven marketing training in fourteen high-impact ebooks, plus our completely revamped 20-part Internet marketing course.
Take a quick look at what’s waiting for you in MyCopyblogger right now …
- Copywriting 101: How to Craft Compelling Copy
- How to Write Magnetic Headlines
- How to Create Compelling Content that Ranks Well in Search Engines
- Content Marketing: How to Build an Audience that Builds Your Business
- The Business Case for Agile Content Marketing
- A Content Marketing Strategy that Works
- How to Create Content that Converts
- How to Effectively Promote Your Content
- Content Marketing Research: The Crucial First Step
- How to Build Authority through Content and Google Authorship
- Email Marketing: How to Push Send and Grow Your Business
- Landing Pages: How to Turn Traffic into Money
Inside these ebooks you’ll find the very same tactics, strategies, and processes that allowed us to build Copyblogger Media from a simple blog into a content-fueled software and training company with more than 100,000 customers.
Good keyword research often means the difference between a content marketer that truly connects with his audience, and one that struggles for traffic, comments, sales, and opt-ins. Sign up for MyCopyblogger to discover how to get your black belt in keyword research ninja tricks (and take advantage of months and months of free world-class instruction, too).
About the Author: Beth Hayden is an author, speaker, and social media expert who specializes in Pinterest marketing. To find out how to get more traffic to your website or blog using Pinterest, grab your free copy of Beth’s e-book, The Definitive Guide to Driving Traffic with Pinterest.