This week on The Lede …
- Seth Godin’s simple cure for writer’s block.
- Why David Ogilvy called himself a lousy copywriter.
- A case study in the power of the blog.
- 10 ways to use Pinterest for your business.
If you want more links you can use than the seven we highlight here every week, follow @copyblogger on Twitter.
Seth Godin’s Simple Cure for Writer’s Block
Leave it to Mr. Godin to supply a sensible solution to a wicked problem that has plagued writers since we were etching useful content on tablets. Stone tablets, I mean. Like most good advice, you’ll likely say “Of course…” when you read this. Don’t forget to act on it.
I am a lousy copywriter ~ David Ogilvy
There is some kind of relief in reading a line like that from a titan of your craft. This honest, engaging little 1955 letter from Mr. Ogilvy says much about practical professionalism, struggle, and getting your work done despite the forces working against you from within and without.
How to Find the Time for Content Creation
Warning: do not dismiss this post for its deceptive simplicity. We’ve heard it one hundred times, and could stand to hear it one hundred more. This advice lies at the core of getting good content produced. And yes, that’s the content that can drive your business.
Content Marketing is a War of Attrition
Babe Ruth said, “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” That, along with a plan that changed and morphed along the way, is pretty much the story of Copyblogger. It can pretty much be the story of anyone who chooses to take it up.
The Power of a Blog
Mr. Lefsetz asks if you’re better off being written up in the major media, or on a major blog. Then he answers the question definitively. This might seem a bit like preaching to the choir, but the reminder — in this case — is a valuable one.
10 Ways to Use Pinterest for Business
I’ve heard it said that Pinterest is for soccer moms. I also remember hearing that Facebook was just for college kids …
Did you miss anything on Copyblogger this week?
- 12 Tips for Selling to a Global Audience
- How to Instantly Transform Your Landing Page Images from Good to Great
- 4 Simple Steps to a Facebook Timeline that Tells Your Marketing Story
- The Glee Guide to Attracting a Raving Horde of Social Media Fans
- 6 Useful Tips for 3 Big Email Marketing Questions
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger Media’s Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.