What’s holding you back?
For anyone who would like to start a podcast, but can’t quite get over thoughts like these …
“My voice sounds weird.”
“The technical skills needed to record, upload, and store audio files are so far out of my wheelhouse.”
“The cost of quality equipment exceeds my small budget.”
“I want to pee my pants when I think of speaking in public.”
Then our upcoming Authority audio seminar is just for you.
It’s called Podcasting 101 — Quick Start + Pro Tips and will be held on Friday, February 28 at 1:00 p.m.
The event is being presented by two of the best voices in the business: Robert Bruce (Copyblogger’s VP of Media) and Sonia Simone (our Chief Content Officer).
Robert and Sonia — both college radio alums with popular podcasts under their belt like “Internet Marketing for Smart People” and “New Rainmaker” — present a mercifully simple introduction into the world of professional podcasting.
Some of the things you’ll learn from them during this hour-long call are:
- An overview on how podcasting works
- Why podcasting is such a smart content/media play
- The one thing you must do before anything else (one word, rhymes with “conspiracy”)
- Essential must-have podcasting equipment
- How to prepare for your first podcast
- How to host your podcast files, set up your feed, and publish your first podcast
- How to submit your podcast to iTunes
- BONUS: Sonia and Robert share their best pro recording tips
We’ll also leave plenty of time for your questions.
This is an hour designed to help you launch a successful podcast, build a loyal audience of listeners, and even hone your speaking skills.
And it’s free for Authority members (you’ll still need to register, though).
For everyone else …
You need to join Authority if you want in. Learn how to do that here.
Flickr Creative Commons cinemagraph by Sergio Alvarez
Update: The date for this workshop has been changed from its original date and time.