The term “Social Media” has entered that rare stratosphere of fame and recognition normally reserved for rock stars and Presidents. Now, rock stars and Presidents bow to the power of social media.
But what does “social media marketing” truly mean, and how can we use it’s dominance on the world scene to grow our businesses?
Real social media marketing takes dedication
If you’re new to social media marketing you might believe that a few blog posts, daily, random status updates, and a healthy number of “followers” and “likes” are going to magically grow your business.
The truth is: this stuff takes real planning and dedication.
Serious online marketers know that in order to harness the power of social media you need to incorporate a deliberate mixture of:
- Listening to your audience
- Sharing your relevant message
- Enabling others to share your relevant message
And what do you share, and hope that others will? Content.
There is no such thing as effective social media marketing without content.
Your social media strategy originates from your solid content marketing strategy. Great content gets people to share, and that sharing widens your audience to a whole new world of potential fans, friends, and customers.
Whether you’re a large business or a lone entrepreneur, social media marketing can be the most inexpensive and powerful marketing tool in your arsenal to build the trust and authority that — in the best case — helps exponentially grow your business.
Here are 13 tutorials on the fundamentals of good social media marketing:
- The Ultimate Guide to Twitter Marketing
- The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Marketing
- 56 Ways to Market Your Business on Pinterest
- Is Google+ the Ultimate Content Marketing Platform?
- The 7 Essential Elements of Effective Social Media Marketing
- How to Use Twitter to Grow Your Business
- Why Google+ is an Inevitable Part of Your Content Marketing Strategy
- How to Use 3 New Facebook Features for Better Social Media Marketing
- 5 Steps to Going Viral on Twitter
- How Twitter Makes You A Better Writer
- 7 Quick Ways to Turn Your LinkedIn Profile into a Social Media Marketing Workhorse
- The Straight Dope on Facebook, Twitter, and SEO
- Are Social Media “Experts” Worthless?
About the Author: Brian Clark is founder of Copyblogger and CEO of Copyblogger Media.
We will never share your email address with anyone, period.