This week on The Lede …
- Jerry Seinfeld’s Secret of Productivity
- If You’re Stuck for Ideas, Go for a Walk
- How to Consistently Write 1000 Words a Day
- The Reuters Guide to Cultivating and Keeping Good Sources
- You Can Be Busy or Remarkable — Not Both
Want to grab even more useful links (beyond those that make The Lede)? Follow @copyblogger on Twitter.
Jerry Seinfeld’s Secret of Productivity
Writing is a game of odds. The more you play, the better your chance of walking away from the table (or desk) a winner. Some seem to have no problem writing every day. For others, it’s a constant ‘fight unto death’ that produces more losing days than not. This article outlines the best trick I’ve ever used for getting what I want from the blank page.
If You’re Stuck for Ideas, Go for a Walk
Another bit of ancient advice rolled out to the Generation of Screens. Contrary to popular belief, you cannot actually squeeze blood from a turnip, and at some point, staring too long into those white, glowing pixels becomes a self-defeating excercise. Get up. Get out. Walk a mile in your own shoes.
How to Consistently Write 1000 Words a Day
A simple walk-through of how one writer has become prolific. You will have heard some (or much) of this advice before, but it’s the basic things our pride tells us we no longer need, that we sometimes need the most. No?
The Reuters Guide to Cultivating and Keeping Good Sources
Chances are you’re not a professional journalist. However, I believe that traditional journalistic integrity should be transferred to the creation of content for the purpose of building audiences and businesses. Are you publishing interviews? Are you gathering facts? Are you making statements about the nature of your industry? All of this must be backed by solid research, tenacious follow up, and complete truth on your part. Who, or what, are your sources? I shouldn’t have to bring this up, but there you go.
You Can Be Busy or Remarkable — Not Both
Mr. Newport’s headline says it all. The addiction to busyness kills business.
Miss anything on Copyblogger this week?
- Do Customers Actually Care about Your Company’s Values?
- Discover Your Strengths and Supercharge Your Business
- How to Upgrade Your Online Business for more Money, Success, and Enjoyment
- Are You a Marketing Artist or Scientist?
- Why Quitting May be the Most Profitable Thing You Do This Year