The Top 10 Blogs for Writers contest is always fun to watch, and a great way to add some new favorites to your own list of must-read blogs.
This year the contest has shaken things up a little, moving from Michael Stelzner’s Writing White Papers site to Leo Babauta and Mary Jaksch’s Write to Done. Copyblogger was not eligible this year because our own Brian Clark was one of the judges along with Leo, Mary, Michael and Deb Ng.
The winners are a talented and creative bunch, with lots of strong fiction blogs appearing on the list. Congratulations to all the finalists and winners!
- Storyfix by Larry Brooks, with invaluable tips on how to get your manuscript to “better than perfect” so you can snag that book contract.
- Men with Pens by James Chartrand for comprehensive advice on writing, blogging, and business.
- Make a Living Writing, a new blog by Carol Tice, gives frank advice to writers about what it really takes to make a living in this business.
- Cats Eye Writer by Judy Dunn, about social media copywriting, branding, and how to get more visitors coming to your blog.
- The Renegade Writer by Linda Formichelli and Diana Burrell gives the real scoop on why the usual advice for freelance writers is B.S. (and what you should do instead)
- Writer Unboxed, a popular multi-author blog on the craft and business of genre fiction, with advice on agents, editors, and of course writing.
- Wordplay by K.M. Weiland helps writers become authors by giving insightful advice in a down-to-earth, friendly style her readers love.
- The Creative Penn by Joanna Penn offers solid writing advice from her personal experience. Readers call her podcast interviews with authors “as addictive as potato chips.”
- Victoria Mixon is both a professional writer and editor, and she brings her breadth of experience to the art and craft of writing fiction.
- Courage 2 Create by Ollin Morales is a passionate, personal blog about one writer’s journey as he writes his first novel.
And of course, we have to give a special proud nod to our own Copyblogger guest writers Larry Brooks, James Chartrand, and Carol Tice!