Don’t you love those Internet facts? You know, the ones that aren’t facts at all, they’re fodder for our own confirmation bias, and weapons in the Outrage Wars.
In the early days of the social web, we thought that bringing people together would create a knowledge utopia. What we got instead was a battleground of competing ideas — many of them misguided or just plain wrong.
In this 20-minute episode of Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer, host Sonia Simone talks about:
- What a faked chocolate study showed about our own gullibility
- The scary power of our own bias
- How “Internet facts” can hurt business
- The pitfalls of content marketing best practices
- Why your data is more important than big data
Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer on iTunes