Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer host Sonia Simone went to Minecon — the official Minecraft conference — for the first time this year.
Picture 10,000 delighted gamers (some kids but even more adults) convening for two days of geeky fun.
Sonia thinks everyone who learns about Minecraft has a moment of wondering how they pulled it off — how they’ve become so phenomenally popular (they currently have more than 100 million registered users worldwide), and how they maintain their level of fanatic loyalty and delight.
In this 19-minute episode of Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer, host Sonia Simone talks about:
- Why so many fun things to do in Minecraft weren’t created by the company
- The point at which community tips over to ecosystem
- How a robust ecosystem works as the world’s most powerful marketing system
- Other companies that have captured a little bit of the Minecraft magic
- How we can start building “cult brands,” even when we’re small
Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer on iTunes