It’s the ultimate Internet dream: create something once that sells over and over again, even while you sleep. And what better product than information itself?
Turns out, it’s not that easy for the idle dreamer. And often, Internet entrepreneurs work 16-hour days in order to “make money while they sleep.”
The good news is that the dream has shifted. Instead of hucksters offering “no work Internet cash machine” models to gullible business opportunity types, the concept of an “online business” has become a viable thing that experienced professionals and committed entrepreneurs explore and attain as part of the legitimate business world.
David Siteman Garland discovered this for himself thanks to his popular podcast, The Rise to the Top. He was constantly asked by his audience for the secret to creating a popular and profitable show, and David’s answer was always the same — it’s the art of the interview. So he created a course on the topic, and the rest (including his podcast!) is history.
In this 35-minute episode David Siteman Garland and I discuss:
- His non-entrepreneurial path to online business
- How he decided to build The Rise to The Top
- The continuing rise of the mediapreneur
- Why you don’t need to produce new content forever
- Why he quit his incredibly popular podcast
- The power of the podcast interview format
- The infinite scalability of online courses
- His very best advice on creating an awesome interview
- How to start developing your own online courses
Or, grab it in iTunes.