In our culture, much is made of natural ability. But natural ability is nothing without grit. In fact, without grit, natural ability can actually be wasted.
Recent science tells us that grit can accurately determine who will graduate from high school or West Point or even win a spelling bee. In other words, grit is an indicator whether or not someone will reach his or her potential.
But what is grit? Where does it come from? Can you develop grit if you don’t have it? And what does this have to do with content marketing?
Fortunately, these are the questions The Lede hosts Jerod Morris and Demian Farnworth tackle in this week’s episode of The Lede. Not to mention, there’s a fun Grit Quiz you can take to determine how much grit you have.
In this 34-minute episode of The Lede, you’ll also discover:
- Why the way you’ve been thinking about talent is all wrong
- What people who don’t have grit can do to develop it (it’s boring, but works)
- The daily mindset that sets you up for achieving more of your goals
- The six-minute, must-watch video on grit
- The proven secret to staying motivated for the long run
- One thing grit will never overcome
- Which host of The Lede has more grit
The Lede on iTunes