Today’s guest on Hack the Entrepreneur is a software developer that worked hard to slowly become an entrepreneur. He spent several years working as a manager for a billion-dollar payroll company. And in his spare time he played around with some ideas.
In early 2009, he created his first online product that failed to garner any attention or traffic. So back to the drawing board he went (two more times) before hitting on something good.
He is now the founder of Bidsketch, which is online proposal software for web designers.
He bootstrapped Bidsketch while working full-time and was able to grow it into a stable and profitable business. In fact, he grew it to the point where he was able to quit his job, surpass his previous income, and enjoy the freedom of being an Internet entrepreneur.
Now, let’s hack …
In this 35-minute episode of Hack the Entrepreneur, host Jon Nastor and Ruben Gamez discuss:
- How Ruben stays focused and productive
- Why there is no easy way to build a successful business
- The discipline of staying with boring tasks
- The single, sad, but true, step to winning
- Why not all challenges are worth overcoming
- How to find out what works and double-down on it
Hack the Entrepreneur on iTunes