1. Linkbait. This blog is entirely about creating compelling content. In that regard, I don’t see the point of using the term link bait any longer. You’re either writing exciting stuff or you’re not, and my goal is to see that you are.
2. Web 2.0. A shame really, because I think from a marketing standpoint, Web 2.0 is just starting to get its legs with the mainstream. I reserve the right to break this resolution.
3. Kerfuffle. I made fun of bloggers who employ this obscure word more often than normal people do, and then purposefully used it in my Best of Copyblogger post to see if anyone would notice. Chris did, and thinks I’ve jumped the shark. Silly boy.
4. Jumping the Shark. I hope to not say it nor do it.
5. AdSense. I gave AdSense a shot around here, and I think it sucks and cheapens my blog. It makes me about $200 a month, but I think you’re easily worth more than that (although I’m too lazy to remove it from the archives).
If you have time, share 5 resolutions for your blog in the new year. You know you want to. 😉
Happy New Year everyone!