In this episode of The Writer Files, host Kelton Reid invited digital marketing pioneer Ann Handley to chat about her writing process. She’s a Wall Street Journal bestselling author, brilliant keynote speaker, the world’s first Chief Content Officer, and a prolific digital content creator.
Ann Handley appeared on The Writer Files written interview series on Copyblogger last year and stopped by again to share her methods of madness with us.
You can also see Ann live at Authority Rainmaker, a carefully designed live educational experience that presents a complete and effective online marketing strategy to help you immediately accelerate your business.
Ms. Handley will be speaking about creating content that makes a difference for your business objectives by showing you how to create content that is empathetic, useful, and inspired.
In addition to Ann, you’ll have the opportunity to see Dan Pink, Sally Hogshead, punk legend Henry Rollins, and many other incredible speakers live. Get all the details at rainmaker.fm/event, and we look forward to seeing you in Denver, Colorado, May 13–15, 2015.
In this 28-minute file, host Kelton Reid and Ann Handley discuss:
- Everybody Writes: an “Elements of Style for the digital age”
- The art of productive procrastination
- Why your writer’s block may be a research problem
- How hard deadlines help writers ship
- Why you have to find a way to shape your ideas for sharing
- The secret to what makes a good writer great
- Why your audience is key to effective writing
- Proof that paper books are pure writer porn
- The value of patience
The Writer Files on iTunes