Note: This is the third of three core lessons related to content curation based on a case study of my new email newsletter Further. You can listen to the initial two episodes here:
Now we tackle the eternal question: how do you get traffic to your curation site so you can build an email list? Should we start building a war chest for advertising?
Not yet. First we’re going to apply some creativity and sweat into driving traffic. Some of these methods are tried and true, but need to be executed a certain way for a curation project. Others are seemingly a little “outside the box,” and yet they complement a curated email newsletter perfectly.
In this 22-minute episode Robert Bruce and I discuss:
- What makes curated content shareable and linkable
- The best audience building strategy on the planet
- How to borrow (and delight) a massive audience
- How to get others to share your curated content
- Why infographics are pure media curation
- How to take advantage of visual microcontent
- The true value of iTunes for audience building
- The podcast interview as valuable curation content
- The viral catalyst the exploded Copyblogger in the early days