What’s the reality of search engine optimization after the Google Hummingbird update? Can someone destroy your business with negative SEO? Did Google kill the concept of AuthorRank when it eliminated the Authorship initiative?
For these types of questions, there’s no better person to ask than Danny Sullivan, founder of Search Engine Land and Marketing Land, CMO of Third Door Media (producers of the popular SMX conferences), and a veteran search engine expert of 20 years. Today’s show is just a warmup to Danny’s presentation at Authority Rainmaker 2015, May 13-15 in Denver, Colorado.
In this 32-minute episode Danny and I discuss:
- His search expertise expertise dating back to 1995
- What the next generation CMO will focus on
- The biggest misconception about Google and SEO
- What’s (really) working with SEO right now
- The ongoing power of the humble hyperlink
- The true nature of good SEO practices
- Is Google “AuthorRank” really dead?
Episode No. 30 on iTunes