Job one for any business, entrepreneur, or marketer is to grow an audience. Content syndication is one such approach to doing just that. But it’s not entirely understood.
Content syndication is an age-old idea of taking an original piece of work and then trying to get it published in other places.
By “other places,” we mean: you look for bigger sites to publish your work. In other words, effective content syndication occurs when you go up the food chain — not down.
But some social sites are now allowing you to republish old articles on their platforms. Medium and LinkedIn are two such places.
The reward? Getting exposed to a new audience.
A few episodes ago on The Lede, Demian Farnworth and Jerod Morris looked at Medium. On this episode, they’ll explore LinkedIn.
In this 26-minute episode of The Lede, you’ll discover:
- Who can actually publish on LinkedIn
- What type of content works really well on LinkedIn
- The proper way to republish on LinkedIn (includes advice about the headline and image)
- The two best times to publish on LinkedIn
- The love song Demian wrote for Jerod and his fiancé
The Lede on iTunes