Most of us don’t realize the attraction power of two-minute Ramen noodles.
So let me explain…
You boil some water while you desperately tear open the packet.
The water bubbles away madly as you reach to cut the tastemaker within the two-minute noodle packet.
Two minutes, maybe three minutes later, you’re burning your tongue as you wallop down the noodles.
What you’ve experienced is an instant result.
And readers too want to experience that very same instant result with your content. They don’t want to waffle through mountains of information. They want a nice, quick bite to begin with. Of course, it helps if you have the right parameters in place.
So here are the parameters of what makes two-minute Ramen noodles appealing (beyond the dirt-cheap price):
- It gets you results instantly.
- It literally gets everyone results, good and bad cooks alike.
- The meal isn’t elaborate (and this lack of fanciness is important).
So let’s look at an example. Let’s say you have a food website (yes, the food analogy continues). And you want to instantly show your customers how to choose a good beef steak. Here’s how you get their attention almost instantly.
- Three Quick Ways to Choose Premium Cuts of Beef
This is otherwise a big topic, so the food website has split the topic into the three quick and easy ways you can identify premium cuts of beef.
Further elaboration of each sub-topic:
- What is marbling?
- Why does marbling matter?
- The difference between a $5 steak and $15 steak
- What to look for in color of a beef steak?
- Why a ‘purplish’ color isn’t a bad color for aged steaks.
- How fat is the tell-tale sign for freshness.
- How firmness indicates lower water content.
- Why water content results in a drier, non-moist cooked steak.
- How to check for firmness in under 5 seconds.
When these points are expanded, three things happen:
- The reader gets an instant result/understanding.
- Anyone can understand how to implement these steps.
- The steps aren’t elaborate, but extremely empowering.
And this two-minute noodle concept can be easily applied to any type of content as a marketing tool. In fact, at Psychotactics we have a free headline report called ‘Why Headlines Fail’ that uses this exact technique.
The technique is simple and effective beyond your wildest imagination.
And it’s instant, but a lot more nourishing than Ramen. 🙂