I don’t think there’s a single topic in online marketing that’s as misunderstood as SEO.
Partly it’s because on the surface, SEO has changed so much. What worked even a few years ago will destroy your rankings today.
Oddly enough, though, the SEO strategy at Copyblogger has stayed remarkably consistent since Brian Clark started the blog in January, 2006.
It’s not because Brian was staying up late at night reading Google algorithm patents.
It’s because he understood something fundamental about the search engines that most people still don’t see.
He understood that for search engines to be happy — they need happy searchers.
Content that creates happy searchers will be content that makes Google look smart for finding it.
Interestingly enough, that same content is always what will build your audience, connect you with potential customers, and show them that your business is the one they want to choose above all others.
Brian’s search strategy raised some eyebrows in the hardcore SEO community at first. But these days, the advice coming out of the world’s best and brightest SEOs looks a lot like … well … like the Copyblogger archives.
But we’re not here to boast. Because it’s so much more interesting to show you how you can do it, too.
And if it’s cool with you, we’d like to do that for free.
SEO copywriting probably isn’t what you think it is
Search engine research shows that almost 85% of the total factors determining how a web page is ranked are based on things that happen off the page itself. But what you do with your site can absolutely influence that 85%, and help tip the balance in your favor.
Simply put, modern SEO is all about crafting content so compelling that other people want to promote it by linking to it or sharing it, which increases your trust and authority and helps the pages you want to rank well for certain keywords.
We’d love to show how to make that happen for your site. Our (free) 27-page ebook on How to Create Compelling Content that Ranks Well in Search Engines will teach you:
- Why SEO copywriting still matters
- How to “spoon-feed” the search engines
- Three link-building strategies that actually work
- The five areas you need to focus on with SEO copywriting
- How to make SEO copywriting simple
This ebook is just one in our comprehensive library for online marketers, available instantly when you register for MyCopyblogger.
When you register (at no charge) you’ll get instant access to nearly 100,000 words of proven marketing training in fourteen high-impact ebooks, plus our completely revamped 20-part Internet marketing course.
Take a quick look at what’s waiting for you in MyCopyblogger right now …
- Copywriting 101: How to Craft Compelling Copy
- How to Write Magnetic Headlines
- How to Create Compelling Content that Ranks Well in Search Engines
- Content Marketing: How to Build an Audience that Builds Your Business
- The Business Case for Agile Content Marketing
- A Content Marketing Strategy that Works
- How to Create Content that Converts
- How to Effectively Promote Your Content
- Content Marketing Research: The Crucial First Step
- How to Build Authority through Content and Google Authorship
- Email Marketing: How to Push Send and Grow Your Business
- Keyword Research for Web Writers and Content Producers
- Landing Pages: How to Turn Traffic into Money
Inside these ebooks you’ll find the very same tactics, strategies, and processes that allowed us to build Copyblogger Media from a simple blog into a content-fueled software and training company with more than 100,000 customers.
More than ever, SEO is now a game that rewards the well-rounded, strategic content marketer. Sign up for MyCopyblogger to find out how to become that marketer, and to take advantage of months of valuable free marketing education.