If you’re building a website these days, you’re in luck.
WordPress has revolutionized the ease and power of what a website (or blog) can do and be. Now, with the emergence of theme frameworks, you can take WordPress even further (and even get managed WordPress hosting along with it).
As you’ll see in a moment, the Genesis Framework for WordPress is much more than a mere WordPress theme. It’s an underlying framework of immaculate code that’s been built to achieve three important objectives.
Let’s take a look at each of these objectives, and why they matter to what you’re doing online …
1. Easily spoon-feed Google your content
If you know anything about how SEO works (don’t worry if you don’t, Genesis will take care of a lot of it for you), you know that Google hands out brownie points for clean code.
As amazing as search engines are, they’re not as smart or grown-up as you might think.
Present them with an orderly, squeaky clean page of code, and you’re well on your way to a solid ranking for your chosen words.
The Genesis Framework does the bulk of this SEO work for you, so you can get back to work.
2. Erase the headache of security concerns and updates
Everything changes. Nowhere more quickly than on the web. Unless you’re a rockstar developer, being up-to-date on the latest SEO, WordPress, and security developments can be a full-time gig.
The Genesis Framework responds and adapts to these constant advancements.
There’s no way around the fact that some very talented, very bad folks are out there hacking away at blogs and websites every day.
Upgrading to new versions of WordPress, plug-ins, and your theme can be stressful and inconvenient. Maybe you’re worried that all the work you’ve put into the design and customization of your site will disappear into the digital ether as soon as you punch that ominous “upgrade” button.
The bad news is that not upgrading software is one of the most common reasons websites and blogs get hacked.
The good news is that our StudioPress team has worked to make the Genesis framework upgrade process a piece of cake.
Painless. Future-proof. Easy.
If you’re more worried about upgrades breaking your site than you are hackers breaking in, you’ve got the wrong theme.
Keep your site (and your readers) safe…
With one click of that update button, Genesis handles the fickle problems of security and WordPress compatibility for you.
And it does all of this without going near the design of your site, which is taken care of entirely through the use of “child themes”. Read on for more about that.
3. A huge selection of turn-key design options
Think of Genesis (the framework) as your car, including the engine, the transmission and the thousands of parts that make it run.
The 42 child theme designs from StudioPress are the paint job that make your car so damn hot.
You pick the color, the stripes, and an airbrushed coyote howling at the desert moon (if that’s your thing).
Here’s where the car analogy breaks down a bit: the really cool thing about using child themes is the ability to change the “paint job” of your site in minutes, without trashing the underlying engine that powers your site.
- Want to focus on your photography this year? Drop in Modern Portfolio and start snapping away.
- Bootstrapping a new startup? Easily skin your site in Venture, and then get on with generating revenue.
- Prefer point-and-click design control over your theme elements? Pick up Prose and unleash your creativity without code.
Whether you’re building a new site, or revamping a classic, child themes allow you the freedom to re-invent yourself without ever touching the critical code underneath.
Get Genesis today
So, the power of a framework lies in its simplicity, its spotlessness and its stability.
The Genesis Framework is the one-stop answer to some of the web’s most vexing and persistent problems:
- Unlimited updates, domains you can use your theme on, and support (you’re never on your own)
- Quick-change between different color schemes without touching a line of code
- Extend your site’s power and function by tapping into an array of StudioPress-made plugins
- Evolve with your site’s growth using multiple page layout options
- Logical navigation & category layout that lets your readers get to what they want, fast
- All the SEO, security, and design benefits of the Genesis Framework