Ever since the Indie Virus spawned in the Copyblogger comments four months ago, many smart people have concocted their own branded link viruses. Witness Blog Tipping, Link Leak, and plenty of others I’ve missed or forgotten (leave your linking meme in the comments and I’ll update).
Due to my blogging style, I don’t link out as much as I’d like. So, to make sure I take the time to do so on a regular basis, I’ve decided to create my own weekly link feature called Link Karma. I know how important it is to link out to others, and you should too — if for no other reason than because what comes around goes around.
So, let’s get started with the inaugural installment of Link Karma:
- Kicking things off on the right foot is Kevin O’Keefe of LexBlog, who restates the counterintuitive rule of the Internet with a post about how the best blogs send the audience away.
- Rafi doubles his subscriber base in two months by following these four simple steps to more blog subscribers. It’s easy, and it works.
- Easton wonders if a corporate blog should call itself a “blog”. I think we’ll all quit calling them blogs sooner than one might think.
- The Cult of Chartreuse? Prince Campbell is a brilliant guy, but after watching the results of a recent trip to meet the faithful in NYC, I’m worried these people will literally drink the Kool-aid if asked. I’ll have updates from Jonestown as things develop.
- Got a legal question about blogging? Don’t ask me, ask Bob.
- The other night I was scrolling through my iPod looking for late night reading music, and noticed that right there in between Rob Zombie and The Rolling Stones was my favorite poetic podcaster Robert Bruce. This social media thing is a trip.
- Michelle Abeyta tweaks her story after some silly copyblogger’s reaction to her art work was “You know, for kids!” She looks to be headed for fame, state by state.
- Want to be ahead of the curve on social media marketing? Think virtual reality, and check out The Harvard Business Review’s Avatar-Based Marketing. Seriously.
- Looks like Martin Neumann is running full steam ahead with ePublishing Daily after a brief delay. Click here to subscribe to the feed.
- Are you a blogoholic?
- Liz stays on the trail of the Net Neutrality debate. For a humorous summary of the issue by a guy you might recognize from recent popular Mac commercials, check in with Jon Stewart.
- Here’s the latest research in support of RSS marketing.
- I’m a little late on this, but if you haven’t heard, Blake Schwendiman has released his book for free. Another counterintuitive thing that will likely pay off big for Blake.
- Darren points us to the Earner’s Forum for tips on making money online.
- Affiliate Marketing Back By Popular Demand. Told you.
- I think zefrank is ze bomb.
Have something you’d like to see appear in Link Karma? Email is killing me, so tag it “for:brian_clark” on delicious (more about that here). Thanks!