The opportunities to build a business with online marketing are huge and growing every day. In fact, there’s so much opportunity out there some people become overwhelmed by all the possibilities.
When you can do anything, often you end up doing nothing. People get so dazzled by dollar signs and freedom from bosses and geography that it’s easy to forget that what you do for money is often more important than how much money you make.
Here are 10 quick tips for creating wealth, freedom, and personal satisfaction all at the same time based on my own experiences growing Men With Pens:
- Spend time thinking over your creative ideas and invest in careful planning.
- Decide the goals and vision that matter to you most. Write it down and read it often.
- Know your goal for now, and know where you want to be for each year to come.
- Work on one idea at a time. Never splatter out with many ideas. It’s overwhelming.
- Establish a dotted line of steps to reach short-, medium- and long-term goals.
- Make sure your dotted lines look like one line and not a spider’s web of tangles.
- Decide how much personal investment you are willing to give—now and in the future.
- Determine your life/work balance and make conscious effort to maintain it.
- Revisit your vision and plan for business every three months. Adjust to fit.
- Have a safety net and a Plan B for every potential obstacle you meet.
Building a business on the Internet takes time, a good plan, and a solid foundation. But it’s not necessarily about chasing the next big thing. Just realize that the true opportunities aren’t passing you by, no matter how fast the clock ticks in the virtual world.
About the Author: Want more advice on staying sane in the web working world? James Chartrand dishes out plenty more advice on web business success at Men with Pens. (And he can write, too!). Like what he wrote here? Grab the Men with Pens RSS feed.